Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thankful for Men

It's the time of year that we indulge in food, family, and fine holiday spirits. This week we will  gather around a table laden with food, and surrounded by the people we  love. Holidays are a time of reflection. At Thanksgiving, we traditionally give thanks for the beauty of life, and the opportunities that have blessed us the past year. 

 As authors we create scenarios that feed the imagination. Suppose this year, you decorate your Thanksgiving table with gusto. You pull out the fine china, the sterling silver, and the Waterford crystal. The last thing you decide is whose place card will grace each setting. If you could pick the famous men of your choice to join you for Thanksgiving dinner, who would they be? Would you base your selection on looks, intelligence, or accomplishments?   I decided on a little of all three:) Jon Bon Jovi, because I rocked out to his music then, and now. Jon has stood the test of time, and he's hot as ever. Matthew McConaughey, because he's gorgeous, and I love a man who's motto is, "Just Keep Livin." Lebron James, because I'm a disgruntled Cavs fan who still needs to know why, especially when he's still not getting it done with Bosh and Wade on South Beach.   Lee Child, because he's my favorite male author, and he has a British accent.  Bradley Cooper, because he's hot as hell, and funny. Kevin James, because he's the total package, funny, cute, and we share the same appreciation for a good meal.  Happy Thanksgiving! 

5 comments:

2nd Chance said...

Sitting here in Seattle, in my hotel room...I watched the tail end of POTC - At World's End and you know what? I'd like to invite Johnny, Geoffrey, Jack, Jonathon and Kevin. (Orlando? Maybe.) Everyone can bring their current sweetheart, spouse, whatever, and we'll eat spaghetti. With real good garlic bread and an awesome green salad. (I'm not much for tradition.)

Yes, Jack Sparrow, Barbossa, Norrington, Gov. Swan and Mr. Gibbs.

A real pirate Thanksgiving!

I'd love the two guys who wrote the movie and if they aren't available then Gideon Defoe, who writes some hilarious pirate books!

Lisa said...

I knew you or Hells would devise the perfect pirate Thanksgiving. Too, fun!

Donna said...

Mmm, good question. . .who would I invite? Well, first off, somebody who can cook. LOL

Who else? Well, I'm still crushing on Richard Armitage (he helped inspire me for my hero in the current WIP), and Alan Rickman (he can just read the menu out loud and I'll be happy) and Eddie Izzard (love his cerebral humor although he looks better in a tight leather dress than I do!). Oh, I think I'll invite Lenny Kravitz too (as long as he brings his guitar with the snake).

That should be a good start!

Lisa said...

Donna, I forgot Lenny, good choices!

sin said...

Hm.. whom to invite. I dunno. I'm thankful for my pirates and my family and a working laptop.