Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hotties in Hats

A hat can take a man from average to debonair in 2.5 seconds. Who knew that a toboggan would ever be considered sexy? Back in the day, ole blue eyes could rock a fedora. Little Joe Cartwright made a few girls swoon from under the brim of his cowboy hat.

Sometimes I close my eyes and envision stepping inside a carriage. I take a seat on the velvet upholstered bench, and look across the small compartment into the eyes of a gentleman wearing a top hat and tails. The midnight blue of his eyes twinkle under the low slung brim of his hat. I reach over and straighten his cravat. His lips twitch at the corners as he leans toward me, and lightly cups my chin in his hand. I feel his breath on my cheek, as he whispers in my ear, "Good evening, my sweet." 

It doesn't matter if the arena is a dusty stable, or a crowded ballroom, a hat can make a man.

Have you ever created a hero that wore a hat well?

10 comments:

2nd Chance said...

Oh, all the time! Always loved the hats on the Wild Wild West guys! And the Three Musketeers! Whoop!

hal said...

the skull cap, the third pic down, is the hottest thing I've seen all week. Wow! Thanks Lisa :)

Bosun said...

Is that Vin Diesel? Man, nice. And I so love Frankie. Matt Bomer works that hat almost as well as Frank does.

I've given my heroes baseball hats, but even then they don't wear them very often. Joe is a charter boat captain and I think he might wear his baseball cap backwards. Totally a throwback to my crush on Luke on Gilmore Girls.

Great job, Lisa!

Marnee said...

Lisa definitely knows her way around the hotties. :)

I'm with Hal; love a hot guy in a skull cap.

Amazingly, I just added a hat in a scene I wrote last night. It's raining. He brushed stray raindrops off the brim. :)

Great hotties, Lis!

Sin said...

Vin is so hot in that pic. That will forever be my vision of Lester Santos in Plum fiction.

*melt* So fine. I want to push him into an alley and do dirty things to him.

I forgot the question of the day. lol

Nice Marn! I just noticed on NaNo you got some words down! You go girl!

Sin said...

and I just want to say that the copy/paste option on my phone browser is pretty spectacular. Stupid CAPTCHA code.

Janga said...

Heyyy, Lisa! Nice scenery! I admit that it was not the cowboy's hat that caught my attention. ;)

I don't have any heroes in hats, but maybe the hotties will inspire me.

hal said...

I totally missed that there even *was* a question. I haven't ever done a hero with a hat, but I definitely should now.

Lisa said...

Ladies, how I have missed all of you! I miss my writing buddies, and I'm happy to share hotties, and maybe tickle some of your slutty muses:)

Hal, Vin can inspire a girl in many wicked ways... No man has ever worn a skull cap so well.

Sin, I agree. Lester Santos Vin is.

Terri, I love a man in a ball cap, especially when it's turned around backwards. It brings out the home girl in me:)

Janga!!! If my hotties in hats have inspired you, then my work here is done!

Chance, I have to admit, a cowboy gets me every time...

Marn, The ole rain drops on the brim...*sigh* I can still see that scene in Legends of the Fall, when Brad Pitt rides up on his horse and tips his hat at Julia Ormond. The water falls off the brim of his hat. Damn, that man was sexy in that movie.

Sin said...

Oh I'd completely forgotten about that. *sigh* so sexy. Love that movie.