Saturday, June 26, 2010

When Fiction Comes to Life

I don’t know if you’ve heard (and you probably don’t give a rat’s behind) but they are making the book series that made me WANT to write into a big screen picture. This beats the Twilight Saga hands down, no contest. My fictional sex god is coming to life. I honestly don’t know what to do with myself.



That’s right, One for the Money (Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series) is finally a go ahead to film.

I’m going to get to see Ranger on the big screen.

(Insert my fan girl sex god swoon right here.)

I’ve tried to tell myself he will be nothing on screen like he is in my head.

I’ve tried to tell myself that he will be a MINOR character in the first movie and not even really be much more than a passing thought to Stephanie (except when she gets handcuffed to the shower curtain rod).

What I wouldn’t give to be shivering naked around Ranger.

So tell me, what fictional character from a book would you like to see come to life on the big screen or TV?

Thanks, Lisa for throwing me a life line and uploading me some pics. I heart you babe. But I'm still not sharing Ranger.

8 comments:

2nd Chance said...

Fictional character from a book... I've always held a soft spot for Athos of the Three Musketeers. And honestly? Sherlock Holmes.

One was the ultimate in angst and a dark, tragic past...the other? Well, I like brains.

Congrats, Sin! I hope they cast someone that lives up to your expectations. At least a little bit!

Bosun said...

HARDY CATES!!!

Off to shower, I'm taking the second hottie with me.

Donna said...

Too late, Bo'sun - the second one is handcuffed to MY shower. LOL I think the hot water is running out, so I might have to go in there and wrap him up, in a towel. Or something. :)

And I SO want my own heroes to be on the movie screen. LOL They're yummy, and they'd be perfect for movies.

So have they cast Ranger? And more importantly, will Sin actually LET anyone else feast their eyes on him? LOL

Bosun said...

I didn't think of that, but I'd love to see Nate on the big screen. He's so hunky and adorable and has that good guy thing going on. Definitely need to get him a Hollywood deal.

Donna - You can't have them all. I called him first. Go find a SEAL somewhere.

I don't think they've cast Ranger yet. *googles* Maybe they have. This dude is listed on the movie page. http://www.cardozaplayer.com/images/vol4/issue5/fashion1.jpg

Donna said...

Bo'sun, that's Franco from Rescue Me -- I think he'd be a good choice. He's definitely hot, and he can do snarky pretty well. He looks really good in fireman's gear. LOL

And that was NOT very nice of you to say to go find a SEAL somewhere. Yeesh. YOU are the one swimming in the land of six-pack abs. LOL Me? Not so much!

2nd Chance said...

OK, not bad. I worried they'd cast some dark anglo and call him hispanic.

Ladies! I'm sure there are enough SEALS and assorted hotties to go around!

I already know who will play my book's hero, Captain Silvestri...Franco Nero!

And it is fate that my CAPTCHA Code is YEUM?

Donna said...

Chance -- good choice! Franco Nero is yummy, always has been.

Your CAPTCHA code is a sign!

Oh, and if there were enough SEALS and hotties to go around, we wouldn't have these tussles all the time. LOL

2nd Chance said...

Donna, darling...I suggest you consider spending a nice long holiday down in the Bo'sun territory, where, perhaps, you will satiate your hunger for SEALS.

Aye, after swooning over Franco toward the end of Letters for Juliet, he is definately my ideal for Silvestri.