Sunday, May 23, 2010

Me and My Shadow

I'm reaching here, folks. I'm just glad I only have one week left of official Hottie duty before I have to pick it up again in 6 months. I'm a one-man pirate and constantly looking for new men to post and on-and-on is too stressful for me.  Although I should get some points for not sharing Taylor Lautner EVERY week, and I've varied the Johnny Depp pictures a bit.

When Deerhunter comes to town, he doesn't shave. Why? Because I perversely *love* 5-o-clock shadow. Some girls swoon for the clean shaven James Bond suave and debonair guy in a tux, but not me. You have a bit of 5-o-clock shadow, look a bit ragged, hell maybe even sport a goatee, and I am on you like white on rice. So here is a group of some of my favorite shadowy celebrities.



What inexplicable thing do you most enjoy about men or turns you on? Is it his smile, his biceps, or how his levi's ride? Or is it even anything physical? My friend loses her mind whenever a man comes in and starts hanging shelves in her house. And another loses her mind if a man has some Latin in his hips and loves to dance. Me, it's just about anything, because boys--dumb as they are--are HOT...and I'm a shallow, shallow pirate. 5-0-clock shadow, a nice bicep, wide shoulders, narrow hips, and a flirty grin--I'm toast. That's my Deerhunter. (Though he's smart. I better clarify that...just in case he's watching.)

JOIN US TUESDAY, MAY 25, WHEN THE INCOMPARABLE HONORARY PIRATE ANNA CAMPBELL JOINS THE SHIP TO TALK ABOUT HER NEWEST BOOK, MY RECKLESS SURRENDER. She's offering free booty (a copy of MY RECKLES

14 comments:

Bosun said...

I read this last night before falling asleep and then was looking at my WIP. I realized I describe my hero the same way Hellie describes Deerhunter. And I've never even met him!

2nd Chance said...

Are you sure you never met him? Hee, hee.

So, lets' see if Wordpress can handle the speed of my typing!

I liked this blog earlier today, twice! Yes, I love a man with scruff. My DH has some scruff, ala Robert Downey, Jr. Yummy!

I also like a nice prominent nose...what this says about me is something I don't want to explore... I also find mens' hands fascinating and a nice smoldering set of eyes will hit me right where it counts...

Sigh.

Bosun said...

I time traveled! How cool. *feels around to make sure all parts made it through the warp*

I love hands. Didn't used to, but I notice them more now. I have always been an arms and shoulder gal. Don't know what it is, but a nice set of shoulders can turn me to butter pretty quick.

Donna said...

I'm not sure I want to confess all the things I love about men. :) I'll raise the heat level in here and then the sprinklers will go off. . .

Along with the scruff, I have always loved when a man loosens his tie, leaving that little bit of throat exposed. It's just so damn inviting, that half-dressed, half-undressed thing.

*fans face*

I'll be back in a minute.

2nd Chance said...

A minute? She's a quick study!

Janga said...

As I've said before, I always resist these either/or choices. My preference is for a man who makes my heart beat faster in well-worn jeans (in both senses), a tee shirt, and five o'clock shadow AND makes me swoon when he cleans up in a suit or a tux. And I'm with Donna on the loosened tie.

I think Liam looks great scruffy, but he also cleans up really well. :)

Donna said...

Did I say a minute? LOL Just a figure of speech. :)

2nd Chance said...

Uh huh...back out of it now.

Bosun said...

Janga - You were a born diplomat.

Hellion said...

Janga made me think of Hugh Jackman--where he's all scruffy and stuff in the beginning of Australia, but then at the end of the movie, he's rocking a tux and just DELICIOUS. Okay, Janga's converted me. Both. We want it all. *LOL* Whatever the male equivalent of the Madonna and the Whore--that's what we want. *LOL*

Bo'sun, really? That's how you describe Nate? Huh, no wonder I find him so cute. *LOL*

Marnee Jo said...

Hooray Anna Campbell!!

I can't wait to read My Reckless Surrender.

As for facial hair... not so much here. I have very sensitive skin and whiskers just kill me.

However, these fellows are quite lovely. Who's the guy on the bottom, though?

Bosun said...

Marn - I was wondering the same thing. For a minute I thought it was Vince Vaughn, but now I'm not so sure.

Hellion said...

The bottom is Vince Vaughn. I cheated and found one of his "younger" pictures. I mean, I still think he's cute and all, but it's kinda like the difference between young Elvis and older Elvis...

2nd Chance said...

Really? That's Vince Vaughn? Nice!