Monday, November 1, 2010

Sneaky Guest Blog: The Revenge Welcomes Deanna Wadsworth

- “Don’t be so sullen, just because I wasn’t up for another early morning raid. What is it wit’ ya and the early mornin’?”

- “Emily likes to sleep late. I get bored,” Silvestri shrugged. He glanced behind at the three figures, wrapped in fog. “I think they may have preferred a later arrival.”

- “Tough, this be Terrio’s normal day and the pirates be used ta people actually bein’ here when they get up. Long as the sun is up I’ll manage.” Chance strolled to the bar and began mixed up a potent blend of hot chocolate and coffee.

- “Sit. The rest will be up soon!”

Silvestri gallantly lead the two women to a comfortable perch on a large crate, while gesturing to a smaller crate for the tall, thin blond man, who seemed mesmerized by the coils of line on the deck and the whip hung on the mast by the Captain of the Revenge. After a moment, Silvestri took hold of the man and sat him down with some small show of force. He didn’t seem to object overly much…

Chance set the hot chocolate pot at the top of the stairs and angled a fan to blow the rich fumes into the hold, where she could hear the pirates stirring. Soon, she had them all lined up on the deck, blinking but murmuring with appreciation at the cups of chocolate and coffee.

Hauling a crate over she clambered atop it and began to speak…

- “Get yer lily livered selves ta attention, mates! How often do I bring a guest aboard the ship? Pay attention! I wants ta introduce all of ya ta Deanna Wadsworth, an author a’ erotic tales, published by Decadent Publishing. She and one a’ her leads did me alter ego a favor last week and interviewed me ‘hero’ fer her blog.

*snorts at Silvestri, who stands up taller and raises an eyebrow at the word ‘hero’

- Well, fair be fair…I thoughts we’d play host ta her today! She brought wit’ her Mr. Ichabod Crane, from Sleepy Hollow. He be a bit of a skeptic regarding most anything of a paranormal bent…

Mr. Crane…what have ya ta say to the lasses of the Revenge?

 

- Ichabod “They seem like an odd group of ladies, if I must be honest. But who am I to judge? Look at the two that came with me this morning. Miss Wadsworth slipped whiskey into her mug already.”

- Deanna “Don’t be spillin’ me secrets!”

Ichabod sniffs - “And Red, well she just insisted on wearing that red velvet cloak and her master/husband or whatever she calls him claims he can turn into a wolf.”

- Red “He can!”

Ichabod ignores her and looks around the ship - “Is there going to be any refreshments besides cocoa and coffee? I only had a light breakfast of bacon, eggs, fried ham and biscuits. I am quite famished. I thought there were going to be muscly men on board.”

- Deanna “Your stomach can wait and as far as the hunks go, I brought you and there is Captain Silvestri. He’s easy enough on the eyes. And what are you worried about it for? Isn’t Brom Bones waiting for you? Last time I checked, he’s a muscly hunk.”

- Red perks up for the first time, “Might I meet him?”

- Deanna/Ichabod/Silvestri/Chance all at once. “NO!”

- Deanna sips her spiked coffee, then pats Red’s arm in the manner one does to a simple minded child, “Red, sweetie, don’t you remember what happened last time you met a good looking half dressed man?”

- Red looks thoughtfully clueless, “Yes, that wasn’t such a good thing, was it? But my punishment was quite fun. Perhaps…”

- Ichabod mutters to himself, “Why didn’t Hunter give us her leash?”

Deanna just shrugs and slips a little more ‘creative juice’ in her coffee. Coffee that looks oddly clear by now….

Chance raises one eyebrow quite high, “Not sure an actual leash woulda’ gone over well here. We be ‘liberated’ ladies. Red, the hotties may frolic about later. If Donna unlocks her cabin door.

*smirks at Donna

“Yes, well… Ichabod is the hero of his book The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow, but don’t be fooled. He’s a bit of a scoundrel.

- Ichabod “I prefer entrepreneur.”

- Chance “Well, we prefer liberate to steal… But then again, we all likes the scoundrel here on the Revenge. RED! Gads, Deanna, what is it about yer characters and whips? Get away from the mast, lass. That whip be jus’ fer show!

- Red pouts,) “Well that surely seems like a waste of a good whip. My master has lots of whips he uses. They are ever so lovely.”

- Chance “Hellion never whipped any a’ us…can’t say the same fer the small crop she keeps in her cabin, but that be between her and Captain Sparrow…

 

- Red “Perhaps I could meet this Captain Sparrow some time?”

- Ichabod to Deanna: “Did we really need to bring her?”

- Deanna  “She deserves a little time in the spotlight. If she gets out of hand I can just call Hunter. He knows how to keep her in line. Now don’t be such a glory hog, Ichabod.”

Chance catches Captain Hellion’s glare at Red and subtly moves between the two. “Yes. Uh…and this be the author of these naughty tales, Deanna! I’ve read both stories and all I can say…well, this be a ship a’ frank words…there be a whole lot of disciplinin’ going on in Deanna’s stories.

- Deanna “Well, she kinda needs a little direction, don’t ya think? Sips her “coffee” as if she needs it more than she is admitting.

- Chance “No argument there! Both a’ these stories take a well known folk/fairy tale and remakes it inta a bit a’ sweet nastiness.”

- Deanna “Sweet nastiness, huh? I’m gonna take that as a compliment!”

- Chance: It’s meant that way! I’m curious, Deanna, which story ya gonna twist next? Might I suggest Treasure Island?”

- Deanna “Now that is one I haven’t considered….but right now I’m taking a little trip back to the modern world. My erotic m/m short story Secret Santa is due out this holiday season from Decadent. That one is sure to raise some conversations.”

- Ichabod “Nothing is sacred with this woman. Not even St. Nick.”

- Deanna smirks, “and that’s why I got yours and Brom’s story right this time. Can’t help it… I don’t really have any filters.”

- Chance “I’m seeing a trio of stories all set inta one volume, Deanna. A book that should come wit’ a warnin’ label, I’m thinkin’!”

- Deanna “Read at your own risk and carry an absorbent towel….LOL

- Silvestri brushes Ichabod’s hand off his arm and steps forward, “I hear tell a writer’s call story be something of interest…Will you tell the ladies here how you found yourself at Decadent Publishing? Have you any other books out with other publishers? And where might the ladies find your stories?

- Deanna “Well I met the lovely ladies who own Decadent Publishing, Lisa Omstead and Heather Bennett, at RT this year in Columbus, Ohio. They were looking for books and they saw something in Red’s story. The rest we shall say… is history! I try to keep some fun things on my blog and I am always looking for new friends on Facebook: and I like to tweet or twat or whatever I’m supposed to call it at Twitter.  You can find Ichabod and Red’s stories at Decadent Publishing.

“Wonderful!” Chance steps forward, “Now, the most important question while aboard the Revenge… Silver rum or spiced rum?”

- Deanna “Sailor Jerry’s spiced rum!!!!! He kicks that Captain Morgan in the ass every time!”

-  “Mayhaps, but he’s got the pose down right!”

*ducks under the bar for a moment, the mixing of a drink is heard. All lean forward to see what she will reveal…

- “And in honor a’ Deanna and her twisted bit a’ folklore, I give you…the Naughty FolkTale! (raises a glass mug, shaped like a pumpkin) Drink up, me hearties!”

- Deanna “Hey, I’ll drink to that! I always say…I’ll do anything but gin!”

Now, what else ya be wantin’ ta ask me guest!? Or her characters?

24 comments:

Marnee said...

Welcome, Deanna!

I love the idea of twisting folklore. And both Sleepy Hollow and Red Riding Hood have such gothic vibes about them.

What gave you this idea, to mess with traditional stories? I mean, my story has a bit of a Cinderella story motif about it, but I think it mostly happened by accident. (I love those kinds of stories.) :)

Welcome again! And keep an eye out for Cap'n Jack. He's a rowdy one.

Chance, pass me some of that coffee/chocolate mixture. That sounds blissful.

Donna Cummings said...

*steps out of cabin, locking the door, then goes back to doublecheck the locks*

There, that oughta keep them all safe til I get back.

Welcome, Deanna, and Ichabod, and well. . .all of you! What a fun gathering here. And a bit wild, what with the whips and everything.

How did the idea for an erotic Santa story appear? That sounds intriguing!

And I'll have to check back later. It's my birthday, so I'm off to celebrate. :)

Marnee said...

Happy Birthday, DRD! Have something sweet and fruity for me. THough, maybe not until a little later today. For now, a nice cup of something caffeinated. :)

2nd Chance said...

Marn - Glad ya like me mixture. I'll slip over ta Deanna's e-mail and slap her, see if I can get her over here... I know reading Red Riding Hood, there was a very telling a moralistic story vibe going on. Not so much with Ichabod... Gothic light?

And happy b-day, Donnaroo! Do come back and celebrate with us!

Brigit Aine said...

What a great interview...and Deanna has such wonderful stories. Decadent is a fun place to be as an author.

I love the characters Deanna, and the stories are HOT!!!!

Bosun said...

Happy Birthday, Donna!!!

Welcome to one and all and especially Deanna for bringing these great characters aboard. That Red does sound like an interesting character.

I'm cracking up at the idea of going to Twitter to twat. LOL! That's too funny.

I'm also interested to read where you got the ideas for these twisted versions of well known tales. Seems like Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater would be a possible future choice. ;)

Sin said...

Um, I would just like to put my bid in to lick the guy on the first cover. Yum. Welcome aboard Deanna! I'm with Marn. I love the idea of twisted folklore. I'm glad to see Red Riding Hood twisted. I will have to pick this up after NaNo is finished.

Happy birthday DRD. Would a round of Evil Twin singing you happy birthday suffice as a good present?

2nd Chance said...

Thanks for stopping by, Brigit!

Sin, Brom might object ta ya licking Ichabod...just saying!

Donna Cummings said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, pirates (and Sin). LOL I'm off to vote -- not the USUAL wild birthday activities, but hey, a girl's got to be flexible. And then off to lunch or something. I've got the whole month though, so I'm gonna pace myself.

Back later!

Hellion said...

Happy Birthday, Donna!! :) And if MA is voting today, be sure to vote!!

Ichabod is quite the handsome fellow. I have a little crush on him; however, given what I understand about him and Brom, I see my crush on him is much like most of the crushes I had in college: I'm totally barking up the wrong tree.

And I dressed as Little Red Riding Hood one year for Halloween. Now that was a popular costume. I could read that story...always like a guy named Hunter. :)

Are there any fairy tales/folk stories you wouldn't want to mess with?

2nd Chance said...

Ever have one of those days? I honestly don't know where me guest has bailed to...I'm hopin' she'll show up eventually!

Meanwhile... Yeah, Giants!

Hellion said...

I was rooting for the Rangers.

2nd Chance said...

HA! Dancing in the streets in San Francisco...whoohoo!

Marnee said...

I'm torn. The Giants beat my Phillies. So a bit of me wanted them to lose. But then again, winning proves that the Phillies lost to the real competition. I don't know.

Bosun said...

I missed the whole darn thing! Stupid cable....

I'm not a Texas fan and Giants haven't won since the team was on the east coast. I say good for them. And even better that it happened AFTER Bonds is gone. :)

Deanna said...

Well, Me hearties.....I kinda dropped the ball, didn't I? I've been sick in bed.....Too much Of 2nd Chance's rum? I wish!
Thanks for stopping by. I don't know where my ideas come from...and as far as Santa goes....well shouldn't he get a little action now and then?

Deanna said...

Brom most decidedly does not like to share, ladies!

Deanna said...

Oh yeah...and I'm a doofus cuz I was expectin to stop by tonight, not in the morning!
Happy Birthday Donna!

2nd Chance said...

Sorry ya been sick, Deanna.

She and I also mucked up the time zone stuff. Let's hope she feels better and will bop in and out more.

Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater, isn't that a bit...obvious? ;-)

Deanna said...

And thanks, Dayquill rocks.

Deanna said...

...had a wife and couldn't eat her...
Yeah, that's a bit to obvious, lol

Hellion said...

I don't know. I'm rather fond of the idea of Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater...

There is always: Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack come show me your big candlestick....

2nd Chance said...

Dayquill? Might want to cut back on the runs, Deanna.

Hellion!

*blushing

Wow, that would work! But then again, you're partial to Jacks...

Deanna said...

I like candles....