Sunday, May 30, 2010

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

The RWR is docking for the day and taking a much needed shore leave. We'll talk to you tomorrow bright and early, hopefully with updates about all the "research" we've done and the writing we've accomplished over the weekend.

In the meantime, we just want to give thanks to all the veterans and active military who serve and protect us. You guys are awesome--and we hope wherever you are today, you're safe and smiling. If you're home with your military hero today, grill him or her an extra hamburger and pony up the beer. (Come to think of it, I probably better bring beer to the farm. Dad would probably enjoy it. Those Navy boys....)

Anyway, have a great day off, crew, and be sure to thank your local heroes today!

5 comments:

Bosun said...

Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Thanks, hugs, and prayers for all those who have fought and are still fighting.

Hellion said...

Is it bad that last night I was watching the history channel with my Navy dad, and we were watching, "Sex in WWII"--and they were talking about Honolulu, which incidentally is where my father was at during the war. Or one of the places. They show this picture of the "Penny Arcade"--and Dad says, "I remember that place! I got my picture taken next to a hula girl. It was right across the street from the cathouses!" And boom, the picture changes to across the streets, with LONG LINES of sailors waiting their turn.

Apparently a "turn" constituted $3 for 3 minutes. (As shared by the show, not Dad, who claims, "I just took their word on it that it was for the cathouse. I never bothered to see it for myself." I hope so. Because it sounds rather gross unless you were the first one in line. 10,000 sailors and only 200 girls...ICK.)

Okay, that tidbit aside, Happy Memorial Day to everyone.

Bosun said...

I watched that show! Some of those girls made a fortune. And wasn't that stuff in the movie East of Eden?.

Bosun said...

Totally forgot to mention that today is Chance's 30th Wedding Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary Mr. & Mrs. Chance!

2nd Chance said...

;) Thanks! Had a wonderful day at the museums... Went and gaped at some paintings... Monet, Manet, Renoir...big Impressionist exhibit. And toured a three story rainforest exhibit. Gazed at stars in the planetarium...

And bought meself an orange stuffed kraken in the aquarium in the basement...

Would you believe my husband pulled out a card...and also with it was one I had given him 15 years ago, today! No kidding!