Saturday, September 26, 2009

FAME: RWR's Homage to One Great Song

Boy did you guys luck out. Not only is this a Hottie blog but it's a Hellion Parody. Except I discovered with some songs, you just don't need to change up the words to fit a situation. It's YOUR song. It tells your story, and by Golly, FAME tells the story of all of on this ship and who visit this ship. Sing it with me, guys!

*              *             *

[camera zeroes wobbily onto the deck of the ship, noises coming from sides and behind, but deck is conspicuously empty]
 
Terri: Lights! Kill the lights!
 
[darkness descends; and there are more noises, like rats scrambling, and then a bunch of mutterings like, “Ouch” and “Back off, biotch” and “Hey, Marn! What’s with the language?” and “Shhhh”. Silence descends for a long moment.]
 
Hellion: Did anyone remember to hit the play button on the boom box?
 
Sin: For God’s sake, Hellie, nobody calls it a boom box. We’re not even using a boom box.

Hellion: Does anyone know where J is?

Santa: She's running late. She said she was busy and we should start without her.

Terri: But she's the choreographer! How are we....

[music starts]
 
Hellion: SHHHHHHHH.
 
[silence. Then a light spotlights Hellion, and Hellion is dramatically posed, toe pointed and one snake arm pose over her head. Hellion smolders at the camera and sings into the microphone—for God’s sake, who gave Hellion a microphone?]
 
Hellion: Baby look at me
And tell me what you see
You ain't seen the best of me yet
Give me time I'll make you forget the rest
 
[Terri, Sin (in leg warmers and a Flashdance sweatshirt, black, of course), Marn (with a headband and 80s bangs), Hal (wearing a “Have I Told You About My Novel and Agent?” t-shirt), and Santa (holding a Blackberry and frantically texting) are in a dramatic line of poses behind Hellion.]
 
Hellion: I got more in me
And you can set it free
I can catch the moon in my hands
Don't you know who I am
Remember my name
 
Crew (jazzhands): FAME!
 
All: I'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna learn how to fly
High
 
[Terri and Marn leap through the air like the 10 Lords a-leaping, while Sin and Hal break into some fusion of hip hop and ballet. Hellion is trying not to look so white.]
 
Hellion: I feel it coming together
People will see me and cry
Fame
 
[Terri and Marn from left side of stage, wearing gold discos dresses and strappy heels; Sin and Hal from right side of stage, wearing silver sequin dresses and CMF shoes; from the back enter four hunky men who look suspiciously like Dwayne Johnson, Channing Tatum, Paul Walker, and Usher. There is a brief mobbing of who gets Dwayne and Channing, then there are four Baby Housemans as everyone gets to do the lift. Dwayne and Channing show off by tossing their partners to each other and catching them; Sin and Marn squeal.]
 
Terri: Yeah, well, anyone can do that…
 
Paul: That is not in my contract.
 
Terri: You better not be grunting, twig, or I will kick you and give you something to grunt about.
 
Hellion: I'm gonna make it to heaven
 
Terri: Are you sure about that? With that book you’re writing and all?
 
Hellion: [making a hand gesture without missing a beat]
Light up the sky like a flame
 
Crew: FAME!
 
I'm gonna live forever
Baby remember my name
 
Remember [Terri pushes Sin out of the way and Dwayne tosses her in the air. “Finally”]
Remember [Sin spider monkeys Channing and pole dances her way back down]
Remember [Hal and Usher are doing things that our censors won’t let us share]
Remember [Marn is pointing at Paul: “Who is this guy? Couldn’t Hellie find a real celebrity?]
Remember [2nd: “Don’t I get a sparkly outfit? I make the Glittery Hoohas, you know.”]
Remember [Lisa: "I was only in surgery, but yes, this was more important guys...and why does Sin always get Dwayne?"]
Remember [Jack Sparrow drops in from the ceiling (crow’s nest) by rope and scoops up Hellion]
Remember [Hellion and Jack do dramatic cha-cha-cha, pose, and music ends as all members hold poses. Silence.]
 
Santa: Are we ready to do the dance portion yet? I have to send this last text message and I’ll be right out there. I haven’t missed anything, have I?

Do you have a theme song in your life? Or are you like me and go around humming FAME under your breath whenever you have a particularly good (or bad) writing day? Anyone like me going to see the movie? What movies do you like to watch that are cheesy but inspirational as hell?

19 comments:

Sin said...

How was the movie?

Sin said...

Hells, you are SO awesome.

And fcking Channing Tatum is fine as hell. Gosh, I'd love to lick him. Among other things. Dwayne *yum* Lisa, I will share baby.

2nd Chance said...

Thank ya for no glittery costume. Fer that, extra glitter in yer hooha!

Me theme song... Alan Parsons Project, Prime Time

Well, even the longest night
Won't last forever
But too many hopes and dreams
Won't see the light
And all of the plans I make
Won't come together

Something in the air
(Something in the air
Maybe for the only time in my life
Something in the air
(Something in the air
Turning me around
And guiding me right

And it's a prime time
Maybe the stars were right
I had a premonition
It's gonna be my turn tonight
Gonna be my turn tonight

Well, even the brightest star
Won't shine forever
But all of the hands I play
Are working out right
And every move I make
Feels like a winner

Something in the air
(Something in the air)
Maybe for the only time in my life
Something in the air
(Something in the air)
Turning me around
And guiding me right

And it's a prime time
Maybe the stars were right
I had a premonition
It's gonna be my turn tonight
Gonna be my turn tonight
Gonna be my turn tonight

(Something in the air)
(Something in the air)

And it's a prime time
Maybe the stars were right
I had a premonition
It's gonna be my turn tonight
Gonna be my turn tonight
Gonna be my turn tonight
Gonna be my turn tonight

2nd Chance said...

Ya asked! No particular movie, sad ta say. Though the Addam's Family movies always make me feel romantic. Tish and Gomez, a couple for the ages!

Hellion said...

You know something funny, Sinnie, when I went to pick out guys--I tried to pick out people I thought were either in a dance flick and/or had natural grace AND were freaking ripped sideways. Didn't google pictures yet...just picked names. Because I was doing the parody for fun. Then Terri goes, "You should combine Hottie Day with the parody", so I thought, "Cool, I don't have to think of anything." So I google for pictures.

THREE of the four had so many shirtless pictures, it was hard to pick a favorite. Paul--the twig--has no shirtless pictures. Interesting, yes?

FAME wasn't as thrilling or inspirational as I hoped it'd be. Like when I left AMAZING GRACE, I was inspired, I was crying--it was a brilliant movie. Now I did love the dancing in FAME--so that's neat to watch. I'd love to move like that. *sighs* I'm so white.

Hellion said...

What, 2nd? How could you not want the glittery outfit? You'd look dashing in a red sequin halter!

Your theme song doesn't have to come out of a movie. Sounds like a good one--and I did always like Tish and Gomez. Actually Wednesday was my favorite--she was such a people person.

Quantum said...

Very good Helli!

I have never listened to or watched FAME so I googled and came up with Lady GaGa ...... Gah!

You do give the blog a primal 'back to nature' feel. *grin*

I prefer the Golden Oldies though
and my theme for the day:

Ducks' Ditty

All along the backwater,
Through the rushes tall,
Ducks are a-dabbling,
Up tails all!

Ducks' tails, drakes' tails,
Yellow feet a-quiver,
Yellow bills all out of sight
Busy in the river!

Slushy green undergrowth
Where the roach swim—
Here we keep our larder,
Cool and full and dim.

Everyone for what he likes!
We like to be
Heads down, tails up,
Dabbling free!

High in the blue above
Swifts whirl and call—
We are down a-dabbling
Up tails all!


A toast to the resident muse (and Helli of course!)
May she inspire for ever and sing for the angels.

Raise glasses together now then
Tails up, wiggle the glass, and down the hatch!

Janga said...

Hellion, you're a genius! This is so-o funny; the visual images are hysterically vivid. I'm still chuckling over San and her Blackberry. LOL!

My theme song changes according to my mood. A recurring one is gretchen peters's "If Heaven":

When the fireflies start their dancin’ on the lawn,
and supper’s on the stove and mama’s laughin’,
and everybody’s working day is done.

If heaven was a town, it would be my town
on a summer day in 1965;
and everything I wanted was out there waiting,
and everyone I loved was still alive.

Chorus:

Don’t cry a tear for me now, baby,
Comes a time we all must say good bye,
and if that’s what heaven’s made of,
you know I ain’t afraid to die.

If heaven was a pie, it would be cherry
cool and sweet and heavy on your tongue,
and just one bite would satisfy your hunger,
and there’d always be enough for everyone.
If heaven was a train, it’d be a fast one
to take this weary traveler round the bend;
and if heaven was a tear, it’d be my last one,
and you’d be in my arms again.
chorus

haleigh said...

*jazzhands*!!! LMAO! This is so great Hellie. And I got Usher. Take that, bitches :)

I don't think I have a theme song. What I listen to changes based on my mood or what I'm writing. I should totally find one!

Maggie Robinson/Margaret Rowe said...

I see Hellion has tuckered out Johnny. I have Taking Care of Business by Bachman Turner Overdrive run through my head all the time:

You get up every morning
From your alarm clock's warning
Take the 8:15 into the city
There's a whistle up above
And people pushin', people shovin'
And the girls who try to look pretty

And if your train's on time
You can get to work by nine
And start your slaving job to get your pay
If you ever get annoyed
Look at me I'm self-employed
I love to work at nothing all day

And I'll be...
[Refrain]
Taking care of business every day
Taking care of business every way
I've been taking care of business, it's all mine
Taking care of business and working overtime
Work out!

If it were easy as fishin'
You could be a musician
If you could make sounds loud or mellow
Get a second-hand guitar
Chances are you'll go far
If you get in with the right bunch of fellows

People see you having fun
Just a-lying in the sun
Tell them that you like it this way
It's the work that we avoid
And we're all self-employed
We love to work at nothing all day

And we be...
[Refrain]

[Spoken] Take good care of my business
When I'm away, every day whoo!



My goal is of course to shut the alarm clock down permanently and write on the beach, LOL.

Marnee Jo said...

Um, I think I just threw my back out....

LOL!!

I always enjoy the outfits Hellie puts us in. I love me some sparkles.

I also love me some Channing Tatum. A lot.

I have no inspirational song. I'll think about it though.

terrio said...

Can you believe Hellie wasn't going to use this for anything? I told her she HAD to share this! LOL! Though I can't blame Paul for not wanting to hoist my lard ass. Really, no one could blame him.

Chance - What if she had given you a cape to wear over the sparkly outfit? That song is totally you.

Janga - I don't think I've ever heard that song. That's wonderful.

Maggie - I don't think I ever knew the words to that song. LOL! I had no idea it was really about doing nothing.

I think Q's song fits this crew perfectly! LOL! Tails up indeed!

All these pics are great (never seen that one of Johnny!) but Channing is my favorite. *sigh* The things I could do to that man.

We saw the movie yesterday and they tried to cover four years of HS for around 10 or more characters. Didn't work in just 2 hours. But Hellie is right, the production numbers are AWESOME. And then kiddo and I walked around the mall singing FAME! over and over and shoving each other around.

My theme song. Hmmmmm...that's a tough one. Like others, it tends to change. And definitely changes for different stages of my life. For right now, I think Natasha Bedingfield's UNWRITTEN fits for me.

I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

2nd Chance said...

Nice song, Terrio. And Janga, and taking care a' business... Now, I'll be haunted all day by ear worms!

A cape, yah! I could totally dig a cape and some sparkles. The problem with halters be the weight a' me boobs and the fragility a' me neck... Sling those puppies up and expect me neck ta hold 'em? Not a chance!

Melissa said...

That was so brilliant! How in the world did you come up with that? Very fun. :)

"Cheesy but inspirational as hell" has got to be GREASE both the movie and the music.

This is a life of illusion, a life of control
Mixed with confusion - what're we doin' here?

We take the pressure, and we throw away conventionality, belongs to yesterday
There is a chance that we can make it so far
We start believin' now that we can be who we are - grease is the word


Can't you just go on singing that forever? Or anyting by the Bee Gees. :) I have the best times driving around and singing to Bee Gees songs. My son now loves the Bee Gees and when a Bee Gee's song comes on, he knows mom will go crazy. LOL

PJ said...

Hellion, you are flippin' brilliant! You started my day off with a huge smile and some amazing visuals. :) I don't really have a theme song. I play all different kinds of music while writing - depends on my mood - but I *always* have something playing.

Janga, what a hauntingly beautiful song and very appropriate for me today. Thanks for sharing it.

I haven't seen the new FAME yet but friends tell me it pales in comparison to the original (which I loved!)

terrio said...

Melissa - I love Grease! But have you ever checked out the words to Greased Lightning? Very dirty. LOL!

How did they get away with lines like these?!

With a four-speed on the floor, they'll be waitin' at the door
You know that ain't shit when we'll be gettin' lots of tit in greased lightnin'

With new pistons, plugs, and shocks, I can get off my rocks
You know that I ain't braggin', she's a real pussy wagon - greased lightnin'

Melissa said...

Oops, I ended my italics at the wrong spot.

Hellion said...

Q, I love the duck song! Working hard...and a sort of kiss my ass undercurrent there as well. *LOL*

Janga, I haven't not heard that song sung--but I remember the cherry pie line so I think I've asked this question before (imagine) and you've shared it before (so it really is a theme song). I imagine when I hear it, I will cry like a baby. *LOL*

Hal, my song usually changes with my mood, but today, it's "I'm going to live forever! I'm going to learn how to fly!" *LOL* Sometimes it's the Flashdance song. *LOL*

Maggie, *ROTFLMAO* I'm going to have to alternate your song with FAME and WHAT A FEELING. I too love to work at nothing all day.

Marn, yeah, I know you love you some Channing...that's why I let you bitch slap the girls to get him. *LOL* I figured you wanted him bad the most.

Terri, the UNWRITTEN song sounds very pretty. (Also very Paine's Blank Slate--at least I think he was the Blank Slate guy.) We're still writing our history. Me, I'm still writing my book.

2nd, a cape it is. No sparkles. Though on a fictional ship, we all pretend gravity doesn't work here...and that we look great in sequins, just so you know. Ironic you'll allow for fiction in your historical detail, but one little halter top and you lose it entirely... *LOL*

Melissa, I love the movie GREASE. I swear I spent one summer watching it everyday. I'm surprise my mother didn't burn the video (probably because I had borrowed it and she knew she couldn't.) Fun songs!

PJ, I'm glad we could bring a smile to your face. (As I said before, my music themes tend to change with my mood, but lately I've been on a FAME kick.)

Terri, I remember the first time I realized they said, "It's a real pussy wagon"--my Amish sensibliities were completely horrified. *LOL* Oh, I still watched it, but dang, I can't believe they got away with it.

Melissa, *LOL* amazing some of the words that go with the music...

2nd Chance said...

I like the idea of no gravity with the girls... Long as they don't float ta me chin. Never thought that was terribly attractive!