Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hottie Crew Member(s) of the Week - Some Aw'shucks Pirates

I’ve been reading blogs about new Western Romances, watched part of a Western movie this weekend, and know that thanks to RWA Nationals, I’ll be back in Nashville in less than a year. I spent three years there *cough* years ago and I can’t wait to go back.  All together, these things have put me in a country state of mind.


 


For anyone who doesn’t know, I spent eight years as a disc jockey in country radio.  To this day, that is by far the BEST job I’ve ever had.  Unfortunately, the hours and the money aren’t all that great, especially for a single mother. But I do miss those days.


 


So, in taking you all on a walk down my memory lane, today’s Hotties are all from Country music.  I thought it would be best to sprinkle them throughout the blog.  A slow distribution of country eye candy.


 


Say what you will, country is full of twang and losing your dog and losing your truck and picking mama up from prison.  But if you give it a chance, country is about life and love and yes, relatives doing occasional jail time. 


 


The men in this blog have all done things their own way, and I think that qualifies them for Pirate status. Add the HAWT factor, and you have the Pirate Hotties for this week.


 


And if you’ve never watched this man play the guitar, you are so missing out.  I warn every woman I know who ever goes to see Mr. Urban in concert, by the end of the show you’ll wish you could be this man’s guitar for just an hour. Or a day.


 


This week we are excited to have Harlequin Intrigue author, Jessica Andersen, taking the helm on Thursday.  Jessica’s latest Intrigue, MOUNTAIN INVESTIGATION, hit stores in July and this week she celebrates the latest release from her Nightkeepers Series, SKY KEEPERS.  Make sure to be here Thursday and help us make Jessica feel at home here on The Revenge. (And Q, she’s a real scientist so you’re going to love her!) If you haven’t seen Jessica’s website, click on her name and check it out. So cool.


 


Now, anybody willing to give Country music a try for one of these Hotties?

11 comments:

2nd Chance said...

I'm a total ignoramous...could ya identify 'em for me?

I do know...well, I think know... Kenny Chesney spent some time in the Caribbean and put out an album with some Caribbean flavor in it... Right?

I'm jus' not a big fan a' the cowboy hat. Now, I do like chaps...

Quantum said...

Terri, thanks for the tip about Jessica Andersen.
I have put a note in my diary!

I actually inherited a pile of vinyl records of popular music. I'm not sure of the difference between 'country and western' and 'folk'. One group that I rather like though is Peter Paul and Mary, for example (first verse):

Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing?
Where have all the flowers gone, long time ago?
Where have all the flowers gone?
Young girls have picked them every one.
Oh, when will they ever learn?
Oh, when will they ever learn?


All of those guys look to be suitable but I would recommend Mr Urban. He looks to be especially good with his hands. *grin*

Janga said...

King George still looks mighty good, but I'll take Keith Urban for breakfast please. He inspires me, and maybe he'll sing "Raining on Sunday," quite appropriate today and one of the sexiest songs ever.

Di R said...

Great pics, Terri

Chance-they are, from the top, Trace Adkins, Tim McGraw, George Strait (King George), and Keith Urban (married to Nicole Kidman).

I love Jessica Andersen's Nightkeepers series!

Di

terrio said...

Chance - Sorry I didn't include names, but thanks to Di for helping me out.

Q - PP&M are definitely folk. And classic at that.

Janga - Somehow I knew you'd say that. LOL!

For fun, I've gone back and put in links to some videos by these guys. Just click on the picture and you'll see a video. Janga - Guess which one I put for Keith? ;)

Marnee Jo said...

Love the new crewmembers! :)

And I'm incredibly excited about Jess coming. I think we're going to have fun!

2nd Chance said...

I am all in favor a' music on the Revenge... Guitars always be a good thing.

Was I right about Kenny Chesney? I swear, me memory fer bits a' trivia ain't what it used ta be.

terrio said...

Yep, you were right. Kenny does the Buffet-ish stuff. Very toes in the sand, umbrella drink in hand.

2nd Chance said...

Ah, yer a poet!

Sand --- hand...

Sigh. I oughter find some a' that Chesney music. I do love me buffet.

Country music and me knew each other back in the Hee Haw era. Man, Roy Clark could play guitar!

I also have numerous Peter Paul and Mary albums, grew up wit' them...

Laurie Faelan said...

Don't know any of these guys but excellent eye candy, especially that last guy with the guitar! I'm loading his video now but with dialup... no need to say more.

I'm thinking I need to explore country music!*g*

ReneeLynnScott said...

Terri, great inspiration for the week. Tim McGraw always looks super hot. Y'all should check out Tim and Faith's song on youtube, I Need You.