Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hottie Crew Member of the Week

There’s been a lot of talk around here about our favorite kinds of heroes.  I happen to know that our lovely J Perry is going to dive into this topic once again later this week.  I decided to accumulate all the traits discussed and then attempt to find *that* guy.  If you go by the polls and survey answers given on this ship, the perfect guy would be broody, mysterious, capable, forceful, witty, intelligent, charming, and on some level considered a bad boy.  Let me tell you, this paragon of mankind is not easy to find.  But I did come up with a couple that I think fit this description.




 


You may notice that these examples of what is most popular are not exactly contemporary figures.  Makes me wonder if maybe the broody, bad ass, intelligent man is extinct.


 


We have some great guest coming on board this week.  We start things off with the belle of the novella ball, Tessa Dare, here to talk about the Werestag heard round the world.  You’re going to want to be here to read that details on that one.


 


Then taking the anchor position, we have first time guest, Judi McCoy joining the crew on Friday.  Judi has written more than a dozen Contemporary Romances and the first book in her latest series about a mystery solving dog walker in New York City hit shelves back in March.  One of the nicest, most generous ladies I’ve had the privilege to meet, I’m so happy Chance talked Judi into donning the eye patch and joining the fun.


 


Another killer week here on The Revenge, we do hope you’ll pull up a stool, grab a tankard of rum, and stay a while.

10 comments:

Jordan said...

Terr—you forgot the all-important facial features we all agreed on. You know: eyes, nose and mouth? ;)

2nd Chance said...

All too true, though. Hard to find a contemporary icon... Though there is Johnny... As I sit here watching The Corpse Bride...

Maggie Robinson said...

Ah. Steve McQueen. My husband asked me just yesterday who my favorite actors were, and I realized they're all dead! Hope I'm not about to follow...

Pam P said...

Two of my favorite actors, who I always think of thinking of bad boys. LOL, Maggie, I was young and saw all their movies years after they were made on late-night TV, so I'm not in danger of following them yet.

Quantum said...

Curious that you should speculate on extinction Teri. I have just been reading about evolutionary extinction processes which open opportunities for new life forms.

If the "broody, mysterious, capable, forceful, witty, intelligent, charming, and on some level considered a bad boy" type of guy has become extinct, then watch your back. Something better adapted may be on the loose! :wink:

Steve McQueen is definitely a favourite with me. Can't help wondering though. Does he practise the mean look and the fast draw in the bathroom mirror before bed I wonder. *grin*

2nd Chance said...

Well, don't we all, Q? I really should practice my pirate sneer more often. When challenged I end up looking like I have something stuck in my teeth instead of looking fierce...

I'm all for bathroom mirror practice! :)

Marnee Jo said...

Another great week on the Revenge!! :) And there is something sexy about an intelligent man. I would say that intelligence is probably sexier than any specific physical attribute. And wit. I can't resist me a witty man. :)

Marnee Jo said...

Oh, and Jordan, I still do think that eyes, nose, mouth are all important.

terrio said...

Jordan - How could I forget those most important ingredients?! Good thing these fellows come with all three. :)

Chance - I knew someone would bring up Johnny. But he's the only modern day one who could fill the shoes of these icons.

Maggie - Don't say such a thing. And Jeremy is still alive and kicking. You're fine!

terrio said...

Pam - These are the guys who make that old saying "They don't make 'em like that anymore" ring true.

Q - As far as I can tell the only things that have replace these guys are the metrosexuals. Not my cuppa. And I'm pretty sure those looks came naturally. That's my guess anyway.

Marn - Notice I lift off all the physical specifics. I think it's more in the aura, though there is something to say for the eyes. :)