Thursday, July 31, 2008

Who Needs Alcohol When You Have Sleep Deprivation

As I write this, there is a naked woman in my room.  Well, technically, she's not naked.  She's wearing a thong and gladiator slippers.  I think this bit of information will explain the blog title.


 


It's now 11:20pm Cali time and I admit we might be a little punchie.  At this point, I've had such a great two days, the next two are going to be gravy.  I got the chance to hang with the Romance Bandits ladies last night and today I spent my afternoon with Nora Roberts and Susan Elizabeth Phillips.  I mean, how could I possibly top these last two days?


 


We've hit the goodie room where there is now a large stack of notecards promoting this blog.  Yay us!!!  And selling tickets at the Literacy Signing helped me out a lot because by the time I was set free, most authors were sold out.  I did get the chance to tell SEP that I wanted to be her when I grow up.  Again, how am I going to top that?! 


 


The amazing thing is, tomorrow is the first full day.  Between lack of sleep and information overload, I'm not sure I can survive much longer.  But I'm willing to try for my fellow wenches, whom I miss like crazy. 


 


Since I'm having flashbacks to all those crazy teenage trips and giggly slumber parties, I want to know what is the silliest or craziest time you've ever had?  What's the best time you've ever had?  And I say we break out the good rum and have a party right here on the ship.  After all, all the amazing people I want to hang with are right here on this ship!  Huzzah for DC!!!



PS:  I realize if I were a good wench, there would be pictures with this blog.  But I keep forgetting to get out my camera.  I promise, there will be pictures next week!

14 comments:

Marnee Jo said...

A thong and gladiator slippers? Sheesh, that does sound like a party.

I think some of my best times happened in my early twenties. At least as far as parties went. First in my sorority then when I moved to the Philly area. Good times.

I can't wait to hear how everything is going.

Maggie Robinson said...

Hmm...midnight on a Nantucket beach, all hailing Atlantis and waiting for it to rise. (That would be silly. Very silly. And rum-soaked.)

Hellion said...

I'm glad you're having such a great and MAHVALOUS time and that you told SEP you wanted to be her when you grew up. I'm sure that made her night!

Hellion said...

Craziest sleepover: LOCK IN for a church youth. I was 16; and the college boys across the street saw me and called the Baptist Student Union to try to find me and invite me over. Yeah. Good times. I went to bed early, asleep on the couch--and someone landed right on top of me (you know how you read in books?)--and it was the PREACHER'S SON I had a crush on. OMG. It was like my dream come true. He was playing hide and seek at the time and didn't realize anyone was on the couch. *LOL*


Best Time Ever: Virginia, baby. Bar Norfolk and Colonial Williamsburg.

terrio said...

Marnee - I never did the sorority thing. You have to give us details on those awesome parties!

Maggie - Did Atlantis ever show up? And I know you've had some fun in those English pubs. Details from you too!

Hellion - I want to tuck SEP in my pocket and take her home. Do you think she'd mind? And what is it with you and preacher son/youth leader dudes? LOL! What did he do when he figured out you were there?

And I almost posted the Bar Norfolk blurry pic to get the party started. Maybe I should add it. ;)

terrio said...

Santa here! There are times at this conference when I've laughed so hard that I can't breathe! And we've seemed to regress so far that as we are coming out of the elevator howling, we startled the Kilt-Wearing-Albino who said we scared the *&^#! out of him! I mean really!

Santa
Who means no offense to any Kilt-Wearing-Albinos out there....

Oh and I didn't answer the question: It seems that memorable, for me, becomes the next great thing that happens...

Lisa said...

I'm glad you're having a wonderful time Terri! Please hug SEP for me, and tell her she's da bomb:)

Hellion said...

Terri: It's the FORBIDDEN thing. *LOL* I'm a sucker for whatever is off-limits to me: food, men, drinks...whatever...and sleeping with the preacher's sons would have been forbidden. But they were pretty cute.

Marnee Jo said...

Wow, not sure I remember much of the sorority party detail, at least not always. But I do remember it was a great deal of fun.

Irisheyes said...

Terri, I'm so excited about your SEP encounter. Sounds like the decision you made to save up and make it to Nationals is turning out to be a good one, huh?

Let's see, my silliest/craziest time would have to be the cruises I took with my cousins in my late teens early twenties. Out on the great blue yonder with a British crew for one cruise and an Italian/German crew for the second one. Lots of fun and un-Irishlike behavior.

The best time would have to be the vacations I took with the DH before he was the DH. You know... young love, getting to know each other, etc., etc. Lots of fun there too.

Sometimes sleep is overrated - just drink lots of water and stay hydrated!

DJS said...

Best times - having a water fight in the house, my sisters, me & Mom. And Mom's aim was the best, since she wasn't dizzy with laughter!

And I agree, sleep in totally overrated. Catnap here and there & you're good to go for a couple days.

terrio said...

I finally found good food!!! There's a bar on the top floor with an amazing view of the entire city. Since it looks like I may never see anything but the inside of the hotel and the route to the airport, at least I got to see the Golden Gate in the distance.

And they had the BEST Kobe beef sliders EVER!!!

Irish - you're so naughty. LOL!!

DJS - You mom sounds cool!

Annie West said...

Hellion - thongs and gladiator slippers? I knew there was a reason I stayed home in brisk and wintery Australia. Just the thought sends me purple and goosebumped.

Glad to hear you're having an outrageous, sleep deprived time. That's as it should be at a writers' conference!

Annie (who's off to the Oz Romance Writers' Conference in just a few weeks - maybe I'd better get in training).

terrio said...

Hey there, Annie! Thanks for stopping by. I hope your conference is just as much fun as this one was for me. Though it's noon and I just got to work. And I feel like I'm on a boat going up and down in the water. Maybe I don't wish that part on you. LOL!

Hope you can make it up here next year. Oh, and I'm looking at this package of Tim Tams on my desk and trying to ignore them. LOL! Anna is too good to me!