Thursday, July 10, 2008

The More, The Merrier: In Bed with Dee S. Knight and Anne Krist

*screen zeroes in on a great big bed with velvet curtains, clearly the interview is being taped from Hellion’s cabin; Captain Jack Sparrow is in the middle, with Hellion, ravishing and redheaded as always, on his left, and a set of gorgeous, voluptuous twins on his right. The twin on his immediate right, Dee S. Knight, is plastered against him, grinning most devilishly, but the other twin, Anne Krist, clearly seems to have been harassed into this fiasco and has her arms crossed and is hiding her face behind one hand*



Hellion: *adjusting her marabou boa and plucking a feather from her tousled hair* Okay, pirates and ‘lubbers, today is a bit of a different interview. Instead of one-on-one….


  


Captain Jack: *arms draped around Hellion and Dee, looking roguish* Oh, I like that.


  


Hellion: It’s actually a foursome. *CJ looks even more delighted*


  


Dee: *clapping delightedly and nearly coming out of her corset top* I’ve always wanted to be in a foursome!


  


Anne: *groaning behind her hand* I am in hell.


  


Hellion: So without any further ado, let me introduce you to our guests today, Dee S. Knight *Dee bounces again, once again nearly coming out of her clothes* and her sister, Anne Krist. *Anne seems to shrink a little as if she’s trying to fade into the downy comforter* Welcome, ladies, and I want to thank you for coming on the ship and interviewing with us.


 


Dee: It’s not my first time.


 


Anne: That’s not the first time you’ve said that.


  


CJ: Again, I like that. *oogling Dee’s cleavage*


  


Hellion: *subtly elbowing Jack* What Dee means is that she blogged with me last year when her book, Heat Wave, hit the stores. Heat Wave is now in print format and available to hold in your hot little hands as you sit on the beach this summer. Which incidentally is the best place to experience a Heat Wave.


  


Dee: *snuggling closer to CJ and grinning* Junior there has reminded me of a story. Two women worked in the same company. One was a little mousy, but had a good reputation. She worked in accounting. The other…well, she worked in finance and her, let’s say, her halo was a bit tarnished.


  


Anne: Like yours?


  


Dee: For whatever reasons, the boss decided to switch their places. One day, two men were strolling into the office. “Say,” one said, “I heard Sarah is moving up in finance.” “Yeah, the other said, “Tammy is going down in accounting.” The first said, “That’s not the first time that’s happened.”


  


CJ: *roaring in laughter*


 


Anne: I don't get it.


 


Dee: She...never mind. *Dee shakes head* How the same parents raised both of us I’ll never know.


 


Hellion: That’s okay, Dee. My parents are confused how they acquired a pirate baby. It happens. *glances back at her questions as if just now realizing she’s supposed to be on task* Dee is here today in support of her sister Anne, whose new book came out July 2. The book is Burning Bridges. Ladies, would you mind telling a little more about your respective books and writing styles?


 


Dee: I’ll go first.


 


Anne: *sweetly* Age before beauty.


 


Dee: *smiling just as sweetly in return* If that’s what you choose to believe, Dear. Though must I remind you again that I am only 20 minutes older than you and we are identical twins? *winking at CJ* Heat Wave is just that: a wave of scorching hot writing by four talented authors.


 


Anne: She says, including herself.


 


Dee: *blushing* Well, I didn’t mean it like that, exactly. But all of the stories did receive really excellent reviews when they were released last summer on their own. Mine, Second Wind, is the tale of how Mother Nature forces a couple to realize what they mean to each other. I share the volume with wonderful people: Bonnie Dee, Veronica Wilde and Jamie Craig. I think all of the stories are outstanding, and as you so kindly pointed out, Hellion, Heat Wave is for sale now in print.


 


Anne: Is it my turn now?


 


Dee: *graciously bows her head and then turns her attentions to CJ’s roving hands*


 


Anne: *rolling eyes* Get a room.


 


Well, I’m thrilled to death to tell you about my book Burning Bridges. Dee had already started Passionate Destiny when I was visiting mom in Virginia. On the radio one day we heard about bags of mail found in a guy’s shed up in the mountains. He’d been a mail carrier and just decided one day he didn’t feel like working. He stuck the bags in his shed and then just forgot about them. That had been 20 years ago or something. I wondered what kind of havoc his actions caused. Did people have their electricity turned off because their bills didn’t arrive? Did someone miss the announcement of a birth or death? What about if someone had declared their love and never heard back—would that cause a broken heart that lasted for years?


 


I went home and wrote Burning Bridges in a month. I thought it was pretty good, but none of the agents and editors I sent the manuscript to were as thrilled as I. I received very nice and helpful rejections. After one agent I really admire said the premise wasn’t enough to carry a book, I mentally put it on the shelf. Then BookStrand sent out a call for manuscripts and I thought, what the heck? They contracted for it. My editor and their test reader loved it, and the first reviews have been very good. I’ve loved this book from the beginning and I’m so happy some others do, too. *wiping a tear from her eye*


 


Dee: Anne, you were supposed to tell the good folks what the book is about, not relay the history of the world.


 


Anne: Oh, yes. Sara Richards receives letters from 30 years ago which changes everything in the way she sees her life. As she sets out to unravel the tangle of lies she created, she can only hope not to burn too many bridges.


 Hellion: *laughing* You guys are a hoot. You definitely scrap like sisters. For all your differences, and they do sound vast, at the core, you two share the same values in your writing: passionate and emotional character-driven stories. Would you say this is true? What do you think you two have in common? What do you each like most about the other’s writing? Would you recommend each other?


 


 Dee: Of course, we share parents. And, uh, clothes sometimes.


 


 Anne: *eyes wide* Is that what happened to my blue cashmere Ann Taylor sweater with the silver rose buttons?


 


 Dee: Focus, Dear. Seriously, Hellion, Anne portrays emotion pretty well. I mean, I cry every time I read Burning Bridges, and God knows, she made me read me over and over while she was revising. Like her, I like characterization. I always focus on characters and their feelings more than plot.


  


Anne *muttering*: Do your sexy stories have plot?


 


 Dee: Haha. Hellion, you asked if I would recommend Anne’s books, and the answer is I would! I love the way she creates emotion. Her books seem real. I want to read a book that makes me feel what the characters do, and Anne manages to do that.


 


 Anne: Well, I did pick up a few tips from you, Sis. I’ll admit it. I’d recommend Dee’s books because the sex is hot without going over the top, and it’s always part of the story. That the characters would engage in sexy behavior as they do and when they do is natural in her work. That isn’t always the case in erotic romance.


  


Hellion: I know what you mean. What projects are you both working on now? When can we expect to see a new Dee or Anne novel on the shelves?


 


Dee: I’m working on something Venessa Hart and I started years ago. It’s the story of a man just about to win his dream job when his world is turned upside down. Will he ignore the people who need him and go for the dream job, or risk all for the woman who’s invaded his dreams?


  


Anne: Ooo, that sounds good. Is it sexy?


  


Dee: Does a bee make honey? Do fish swim in the sea? Does CJ like to—


  


Anne: We get the picture. My work in progress is the first in a series called Five Card Studs. I’m finishing the first, Dealer’s Choice, about a man who does not want to get married so he dates only women he knows he could never live with—let’s say, women whose bells don’t all ring in the belfry. One of his dates thinks he’s a cousin of Spock’s when he tells her he’s a volcanologist.


 


 Hellion: *laughing* That sounds hilarious! Where do you usually get your ideas? Do you brainstorm with critique partners…or people off the street?


 


 Dee: I always have ideas that I think would make a good book. I should write them down but I always think the idea is so good I don’t need to. *tapping her chin* I wonder how bestselling ideas I’ve forgotten…?


 


Anne: I get a lot of ideas from country music, and just from driving. Put me in a car and head it east or west, and in a few hours I’ll have three or four story ideas.


  


Dee: Anne and I brainstorm, of course, but we’re so much alike it’s like talking to myself. *LOL*


 


 Anne: We have wonderful critique partners who talk plot and characters at the drop of a hat. Without them, who knows where our books would be?


  


Hellion: Let’s hear it for the CPs! Anne, you mentioned getting ideas while you drove. Which of you is the better driver? And when is the last time you two have taken a cross-country trip together? What are you two like on vacation?


  


Dee: We fight all the time on trips because we both like driving. I usually win.


 


Anne: *pouting* You never stop at interesting places when we travel. I like to add a little shopping to my trips and you just zip on down the road.


  


Dee: The purpose of a road trip is to get to your destination, not shopping. Get over it. We drove to Virginia last December and it was, “Oh, look at that Christmas shop,” or “That gift area looks interesting,” all the way. I like to get in the car and drive. It would take Anne two weeks to go coast to coast if I let her behind the wheel.


  


CJ: I like a fast woman.


 


 Dee: *purring* And I like a man who takes his time.


 


 Anne: Criminy!


 


 Hellion: Where is your favorite place to shop? What do find yourself always buying, even though you might have a dozen of them already?


 


 Dee: I love searching out new things at AdamandEve.com. Whoo! The toys they have! A woman could stay in orbit all the time spending wisely there—and I do.


 


 Anne: So that’s why we never have any batteries in the house!


 


 Dee: *stroking CJ’s arm* Not that a woman has need of toys with you around, Captain.


 


 CJ: I should say not! But a bit of rum is never amiss… *gropes Dee as she giggles*


  


Anne: *sighing with disgust, then crossing her arms and looking away* I’m a sucker for QVC. I love their jewelry shows and would spend thousands of dollars if I had it.


 


Hellion: Well, you know what they say: diamonds are a girl’s best friend. If you had a Sunday to yourself, how would you spend it?


  


Dee: We usually have Sundays to ourselves. Well, with Jack of course. Funny, I never thought before how that’s a good start to a ménage story.


 


 Anne: Don’t even think it! I don’t sleep late usually, Hellion. I get up, have a cup of coffee and often a bagel. Later, we go out for breakfast, then we watch TV shows I’ve taped during the week. Maybe we take a nap. Lazy days together are the best.


  


Dee: I still think a ménage between two sisters and one of their husbands would make a good book. One sister would be adventurous and the other shy. Just like us, Anne!


  


CJ: *staring at Hellion curiously* Are you blushing, Hellie? *looks at Dee in awe* I can’t even make her blush, and believe me, I try. Hard. *Hellion blushes harder*


  


Dee: No need to blush, Sweetie. I wouldn’t make you one of the sisters, though CJ here would make a great husband in the story. Would you like to be I bed with two women, CJ?


  


CJ: Well, there’s four of us now. *roguish grin* Four’s a nice round number. Once I was in bed with five women, and that was a bit tricky, but I think I have the kinks worked out and I’m sure I could….


  


Anne: Hellion, do something!


 


Hellion: *covering CJ’s mouth* Jolly good, okay, I think it’s time to wind this up, shall we? I’m sure the crew and ‘lubbers have questions and comments for Dee and Anne. Okay?


 


Dee: Ask away, everyone!


 


Anne: Yes, please. I’d be happy to answer any questions you have.

118 comments:

Quantum said...

Welcome aboard Dee and Anne. What an amazing interview!

Very probing questions from the Cap'n as always. I rather suspect that she has a mysterious pipe hidden in that cabin and takes a few puffs before the interviews *g*

Does one of your zillion book ideas involve bedtime interviews?!

I guess you both write at the 'hot' end of the romance spectrum. Do you try to spice the hot scenes with humour or is that difficult. I guess mixing humour with passion could be like trying to mix chalk and cheese...though I'm sure our cap'n could manage it with help from CJ.

I think that sometimes a little goes a long way and on the right occasion, a short bedtime story can be a perfect mood setter.....for dreams that is!
Do you have views on short stories as a medium for hot romance?

Maggie Robinson said...

Snorting. Snickering. At first I read CJ saying he liked FAT women and I perked up a little. Anyway, great interview! A/D, how did you decide on your names?

JK Coi said...

Hi Dee and Anne! I'm excited about your new book, Anne. I've read a little bit about it and I can't wait! Congratulations!

Being sisters who probably have a healthy dose of sibling rivalry between them (although I could be wrong, of course) as well as writers, especially since you write in similar areas (in that you both write romance and not something like travel guides compared to biology textbooks), do you feel any competitive sibling rivalry bleeding into your professional life?

Thanks for visiting!

Marnee Jo said...

Dee, er... Anne, congrats on your new book! I can't wait to read!

Do you find it hard to keep your two personalities seperate?

terrio said...

I can hardly type for laughing so hard. LMAO!! Jack sure did have fun with this one. He's so happy when we include him. :)

I can't wait to read this book! And I need to get the Heat Wave one as well. Did you find it more difficult to sell the sweet story because you're known for the hotter content? What's up next for Anne?

And as someone who has a sister, PLEASE don't bring that menage thing up again. Makes me nauseous. LOL!

Cheryl S. said...

I heard about your blog through Dee's newsletter and had to come check the interview out. Boy, am I glad I did! The interview was hilarious. Plus I heard about some wonderful books that I see I need to read. Heat Wave and Burning Bridges both sound like books I would really enjoy.

JUDY COX said...

Let me start off by saying I love the bed!! I can see CJ in that bed. The interview is fantastic!! I could not help but grin the whole time I was reading it. I do not know how you keep both parts in line. I would have done got bum-fuzzled!!!

How do you come up with all of this and keep it straight in your mind ?

J.K. Coi said...

Damn, am I the only one who thought they were actually sisters? LOL *shaking head*

Hellion said...

Quantum! I'm amazed at you, using the word "probing" while addressing an erotica writer! *grins roguishly* I've gotten to read some bits of Anne's 5 Card Studs stuff--and there is definitely humor with sensuality. You'd love it! Dee likes to think she's the HOT SEXY writer of the duo, but Anne definitely holds her own. *fans self*

Hellion said...

Cheryl S.! Welcome aboard! Have some rum, and thanks for dropping by!

Judy Cox: isn't that bed delicious? I'm totally coveting that bed. I don't know how Dee/Anne keeps it all straight! I think she uses a whip. Or Ginko.

Dee & Anne said...

Cheryl, thanks for coming, Lady! This group is so much fun, and Anne and I hope to add a few smiles, too.

Dee & Anne said...

Anne: Good morning, Mateys! Is that right? I haven't been a Pirate long.

Dee: Not to change the subject, but I heard this week that over 16,000 condoms were recently delivered to the science station at the South Pole.

Anne: Dee, for goodness sake, I haven't even had breakfast yet...

Dee: I have only one question. How do I become a scientist?? *g* And can the Captain sail me there?

Hellion said...

Dee: I don't know. But Quantum is our resident scientist, and he could probably tell you how. :)

Anne: sweet, we have rum for breakfast. Would you like a pint? *hands her some rum*

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: Hi, Quantum! No, we don't both write at the hot end of the scale. Anne is namby-pamby compared to me. Though, I hasten to add, she's still pretty good.

Anne: Well, thanks so much for that.

Dee: Anytime, Sis.

Anne: We have to keep things separate you see. People who read Dee might like the softer side of romance, but I'd hate for a minister's wife to think she's buying Anne and take home Dee instead. It could cause no end of trouble at home.

Dee: Or add a little fun. Look on the bright side, Junior.

Dee & Anne said...

Judy, you asked how I can keep all this straight in my head, all the back and forth? I can only conclude my brain isn't normal because it's pretty easy. :)

Maybe talking to myself all these years has finally paid off!

Hellion said...

Anne: don't underestimate the ministers. There are some kinky ones. It's when you're reading Dee's books instead of listening to his sermons that he tends to get a little techy.

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: Mornin' Terrio! You asked if it was harder to sell the sweet stuff--

Anne: WORK! Sweet work!

Dee: --after all the spicy WORK. I think it is harder. Not only because Anne isn't known right now, but also because erotic romance is still so HOT! She might have to add some heat to her books.

Anne: I wouldn't know how to explain Tab A sliding into Slot B...

Dee: The Captain can explain. Yo! Captain Jack!

Dee & Anne said...

Anne: Hi, JK! *waving* Dee and I are true sisters under the skin, so to speak. We're of like mind, but we can't really see eye-to-eye. Know what I mean?

Dee & Anne said...

Anne: People read Dee's books in church??!!!?? Yes, please! I'll take some of that rum!

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: Maggie, my husband, Jack (not to be confused with the Captain), decided my name. He's always spouting "It was a dark and stormy night!" So he suggested I name myself Dark Stormy Night--DS Night. I changed things slightly to make it Dee S. Knight.

Anne: He's OUR husband, though the idea of being married to a polygamist gives me heart palpitations. I borrowed parts of a friend's name to make up Anne Krist. Plus I like the name ANNE. It's so...saintly.

Dee: Yeah *snorting*

Quantum said...

{{
Dee: Not to change the subject, but I heard this week that over 16,000 condoms were recently delivered to the science station at the South Pole.

Dee: I have only one question. How do I become a scientist?? *g* And can the Captain sail me there?

Hellion:I don’t know. But Quantum is our resident scientist, and he could probably tell you how.
}}

To be serious for a moment *g*
During the winter months the station is just kept ticking over with a skeleton staff. I guess all those condoms must be for the winter when the station is totally isolated and there is nothing else to do.

Weather research is one activity and I guess you could research micro climates. That is find ways to keep them warm. I reckon you two wouldn't need any qualifications...just enclose a couple of your books with your application. *g*

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: I have a question. Terrio says no menage stories involving sisters and husbands, but would you be totally turned off by a father and son sharing a woman--a willing, non-related woman? Francis Drake suggested such a story, and I'm trying to decide if he's just being a man and I should say ICK! or if I'm actually titillated by the idea.

Anne: I think you're just titillated by the word titillate.

Dee: *stroking chin* Hmmm... Could be.

Earlene Gillespie said...

Hey Dee and Anne
I just love Capt. Jack. Can I be in the
threesome (er) foursome. LOL Line up the
rum and i'll be there.

Janet H said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Dee's newsletter. I love the name Romance Writer's Revenge. Glad I came by, this interview was fun! I have HEAT WAVE on my little want/need list. And...this DA thought you guys were really sisters. Back to coffee.. Thanks for the laughs.

Captain Jack Sparrow said...

*grinning roguishly* Did someone need my expertise? *giving Anne a rakish leer* Something about slots and tabs...and...that profound and extremely enjoyable experience that can only happen between a man...and a woman... *running hand down Anne's arm*

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: Quantum, no need for a particular skill set? Yo ho! I'm applying! I'll bring the books.

Seriously (kind of), I might understand sending a bunch of condoms to a sheep herder, but penguins aren't quite sheep, are they?

Anne: Eeeeuuuw!

Dee: Ewe! That's exactly my point.

Dee & Anne said...

Anne: Captain Jack! Be good. I'm a married woman. Kind of. Sort of.

Dee & Anne said...

Hi, Earlene! I hear we have rum a plenty! Take a cup and have some fun.

Hellion said...

The father-son thing is rather ICK. What about a father and a "step-son"... *pauses* No, still slightly squeamish at thought.

Jack thinks this story sounds okay--but my Lucifer book is far-fetched? Seriously.

Maybe I'm squeamish because I assume "sharing" would be at the same time. If it was sort of a pass-off sort of thing...Perhaps. That's been done. If this were a threesome, I'm sorry to those I offend, but "EWWW". *LOL*

Hellion said...

Janet H: Thanks for coming by! Have some rum! Thanks for the compliment. The Bo'Sun thought up that little beauty...she's excellent at that sort of thing!

Dee & Anne said...

*waving furiously at Janet*

Thanks for dropping by, Janet. But coffee? Really, have some rum and stay awhile!

I know you'll love HEAT WAVE. I like all of the stories in the volume.

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: Hellion, I forgot how Amish you are! Even so, your comments are a step forward for you, lol.

I first thought Daddy could watch. How would that work for you?

I'm asking, y'all, because I'm planning a menage book.

Anne: I can't believe you're seriously thinking about this.

Dee: Isn't the title of this morning's blog "The More the Merrier"? That's all I want.

Dee & Anne said...

Anne: Quantum, how are you on poisons? I want a very fast-acting, topical poison. You know, something that kills within minutes after contact with your skin. Any suggestions? I'm thinking some kind of pesticide...

Dee: And you think my books are off the wall.

Anne: I'm not going to kill someone while they're having sex. That would be your idea! I just want to...you know, kill people on the street.

Dee: Sheesh!

Dee & Anne said...

Time for a mid-morning snack! I need some food to go with the rum. Be back shortly!

terrio said...

Holy Cannon Balls! I take a short trip to the store and y'all go crazy. Sheesh!

First of all, thanks for the compliment on the name of our lovely ship. Yes, that was one of my (rare) moments of brilliance. ;)

About this menage stuff, funny story. And I can tell you because my mother doesn't read this blog. But please, keep this just between us.

Me mum was adopted but knew who her birth mother was her entire life. Though the mother never knew the little girl my grandfather was bringing to the bar with him (this was in the OLD days) was her daughter. Anywho, the story goes no one knew who the birth father was because the real mum was quite...err...loose. Now, all these years later (6 decades!) it comes to light that it's likely my mother was the result of a menage with an uncle and nephew combo. Which mean, still can't pin down the paternity.

Now, is it any wonder I'm a pirate?! LMAO!

And I believe I have an Erotica on my shelf with two brothers who share the same woman. At the same time. I need to read that soon. You know, just to get back to you on your question.

JOYE said...

Enjoyed reading the comments. I have added these books to my TBR list. I heard about this blog at the Dee News notice I got today.

Hellion said...

Dee, I don't know...if it were an Amish father and son, it might not be that big a deal... Wait, wait... As for Daddy watching: I can probably handle that. So long as he's not yelling out instructions or anything--that would be distracting.

Terri: 2 brothers? *grins roguishly* Now why it is that sounds perfectly hot and the Daddy/Son thing doesn't? I don't get my twisted little brain sometimes....

terrio said...

Hellion - stop typing things like "As for Daddy watching: I can probably handle that." You're skeaving me out. BIG TIME!

Yes, the brothers are really hot. Gosh, that better be one I have and not one that I read one scene from and didn't buy yet. Shoot, now I have to go find out what it is.

terrio said...

Thanks for stopping by, Joye. Glad you found us. That newsletter is doing its job!

terrio said...

Uhm, where did everybody go? Hello?! *voice echoes around the decks* How strange...

Hellion said...

It's Friday. Good day for hookey, or lunch out with the girls...

Marnee Jo said...

Sorry I'm quiet, I'm writing my last chapter! Whoopee!!

terrio said...

Oh, I'm smelling a party next Thursday. LOL! Whoot!!!

*puts in an extra order of rum*

Marnee Jo said...

LOL!! Yep! It's coming in short, but it's coming in, that all I care right now!

*Marnee stepping back so as not to highjack the blog*

Hellion said...

Wheeeeee!!! This IS good news!!!!! *drinks early*

Marnee Jo said...

*Marnee pushes away their offered rum bottle.* People, I can't write when I'm all pissed. Give me a few, I'm just finishing up!

terrio said...

Is she expecting us to be *chokes on the word* disciplined?! Someone didn't get enough rum in her Cheerios this morning...

Marnee Jo said...

DONE! *dancing a pathetic jig and attempting an airsplit, looking more as if I just had a seizure!*

Hellion said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is AWESOME NEWS!!!

Dee & Anne said...

Marnee, you the WOMAN! Hooray!! Good going!!

terrio said...

*passes Marnee giant mug of rum and an ice pack*

HUZZAH!!!! THAT'S THE BEST END THERE IS!!!!

*looks at confused wenches*

THE END! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!

WHOOT! WHOOT! WHOOT! WHOOT!

Dee & Anne said...

We're baaccckkk! The mid-morning snack turned into a mid-morning snooze. Sorry! Every time we sit in the recliner, it's like a signal to the brain to go to sleep.

Hellion said...

Yeah, Dee & Anne are back!! Being I've lounged around in your recliners, I can attest to that... *LOL*

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: Terrio, you're a great pirate, even without your background. It's an attitude, you know? You got it, Lady! We all love it.

The father-son story was interesting. In the one I'm thinking, both parties would be older--like 30s and 50s. And the woman would be, too. No question about ages or willingness in this one.

But brothers... That might work, too.

Anne: *shuddering* I'm with Hellion, Make them Amish. With no oil for the lamps. Or candles. And make it after dark, so no one knows who's who. Then maybe I could deal with it.

Hellion said...

*ROTFLMAO* In the dark so no one knows who's who? That can get a little...frisky. There's a lot of things you can get away with in the dark that you'd never admit to in the light of day. *LOL*

Dee & Anne said...

Anne: Those recliners are magical, aren't they?

Here's something Dee doesn't know. I found a book on her shelf titled Fetish 101. It outlines 101 fetishes!! Did you KNOW there were so many?

Dee: Is there no privacy in this house??

Hellion said...

Hey, Dee, this little Amish girl has a SEX POSITION BIBLE (though after critically pouring over the pictures with my friends--a man and a woman), we agreed that basically they were variations of sex horizontal and sex vertical...but the titles for them were worth the price of the book.

Of course, the last 1/4 of the book, we were all in agreement of "No" and "No" and "Who can possibly get their penis to bend in that direction?" (Of course, it was the guy who asked the 3rd question repeatedly. Me and my girlfriend just looked confused.)

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: LOL!! I was always of the opinion the penis would bend in any position necessary. Don't tell me I was wrong. Even more imporatant, don't tell Jack I was wrong, lol!!

In Passionate Destiny, I had the hero and heroine have sex in a seemingly impossibe (to me) position I found on an Australian website that was demonstrating the use of condoms.

Dee & Anne said...

You know, really, some positions you see in those books? They're like a few other things in life: just because you CAN do them doesn't mean you should. I mean, some emergency room visits are hard to explain.

Michelle said...

Glad I get Dee's newsletter, enjoyed the interview. It got a couple of chuckles out of me. It looks like everyone is having a real good time today. Dee/Anne the nap in the recliner just means you can start over on the rum and last a little longer at the party. My napping chair isn't a recliner, but it is one of those with the big overstuffed cushions and could hold 3 people at one time. As soon as I sit down in it I start drifting. Which sounds like a good idea right now, didn't get much sleep last night, so you all have fun.

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: Michelle, thanks for stopping by!! I like the way you think. *Grabbing a cup of rum as Terrio passes by with a tray.*

But Michelle, you should stay a little longer! A chair that holds three people might be good for my menage...!

Anne: Give it a break--the woman SLEEPS in her chair, she doesn't have illicit sex.

Dee: oh.

Michelle said...

Sorry Anne, my husband did buy me the chair for a reason.

Dee & Anne said...

Marnee, I heard Jennifer Cruisie speak at a conference once, and she said she was asked what her biggest thrill was in writing. She said of course, she was happy about the contracts, awards, bestseller lists, etc., but that NOTHING came close to the feeling she had when she finished her first book. She reminded us of how many people start but never finish. It really is an accomplishment!

Dee & Anne said...

Anne: Oh. My. Gosh. Too much information, Michelle!

Dee: *rubbing hands together* Do tell, Michelle! I think I like the way your husband thinks. *giving a big wink to Captain Jack*

terrio said...

I need to buy me more furniture. I only have my couch and as it's new, it hasn't been *broken* in yet. Yes, my life is one depressing fact after another.

I love that keep it dark so no one knows who is who. Though I'd be afraid the two guys would get so into it and lose their inhibitions from the darkness, they'd leave me out. LOL! What's the point of the being the center of the sex sandwich if you're not the main attraction?!

Dee & Anne said...

Anne: I have to share with you all. A fellow BookStrand author read Burning Bridges this week and said "...if you are looking for a poignant yet powerful love story, 'Burning Bridges' is it." Woo-hoo!

Dee: Way to go, Sis!

Anne: That's from Lindsay Townsend who wrote Flavia's Secret, a historical set during Roman times. I can't wait to read it.

Michelle said...

Well I won't make Anne start blushing and hiding her face, but let's just say my husband does like to indulge most of my fantasies, as long as he doesn't have to share. So the chair fits 2 very comfortably with room to spare.

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: Your husband sounds like a man among men, Michelle! Indulging a woman's fantasies is a very, very good thing!

Anne: Not reading! *hands over eyes*

Hellion said...

Terri said: "Though I’d be afraid the two guys would get so into it and lose their inhibitions from the darkness, they’d leave me out. LOL! What’s the point of the being the center of the sex sandwich if you’re not the main attraction?!"

Exactly MY fear.

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: LOL!! Terrio! Even in the dark I think men would know when they were touching another guy. And so would the lady in question. If she were left out, a few hard squeezes or well-placed toes would quickly bring the guys' attention back to where it should be. We girls are not defenseless when it comes to making ourselves known.

Anne: NOT READING!!!

terrio said...

Come on, Anne. Wouldn't you like to try being the center of that sandwich just once? You know you would. Admit it, there's a hussy in there somewhere. LOL!

Michelle said...

LOL Terrio. I think if you make sure you have a couple of real good handfuls they would find it rather hard to forget the main attraction. I love furniture, there is so much the imagination can come up with just by seeing a really large chair or a nice big four poster bed etc...
Gotta go take a nap now though pain meds are kicking in real strong. I'll check back later have fun.

Dee & Anne said...

Take care, Michelle!

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: As for furniture, I've always wondered about those swings. There's a "romance" hotel nearby where I understand you can request one for the room. I've been trying to get Jack to take us...

Anne: Not me. I don't want to go. I'm not for "swinging" in any sense of the word!

Dee: Spoilsport!

Dee & Anne said...

Anne: Terrio, do you really think I would admit to my inner slut--NOT that I have one!!!--in public? Among pirates?? Sitting next to Captain JACK????

Dee: Speaking of Jack, he just called and he's on his way home a little early. *fanning self* After this conversation, I can't wait!

terrio said...

Now you're just being mean. Have you missed the information about the furniture that is getting NO action?

Who invited her? LOL!

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: LOL! Poor Terrio!

Hellion said...

That's Dee for you: a big, merciless tease! :)

terrio said...

I guess I'll have to settle for reading a good book. Not the same, but as close as I can get. *sigh*

Where did I put those brothers....

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: Oh! And I can also recommend AdamandEve.com...

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: I can recommend a few good books...

I want to know the title of the one with the brothers, please. I just bought Emma Holly's Menage. She starts right in!!

terrio said...

It's official. You're trying to kill me.

I've been trying to remember what the heck book had the brothers all day. I can't remember. THIS is why I need to WRITE SHIT DOWN!

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: I just received one of those Spam messages in my Inbox for male enhancer pills. Did you know Viagra and Cialis now come in chewy form--or at least I guess that's what they are?? They're called Viagra Soft and Cialis Soft. Now, to me, having Viagra and Cialis used in conjunction with "Soft" is a little strange. If I were a man, I wouldn't buy them.

Dee & Anne said...

I want to know something. Are y'all using your real names as your pen name or are you going incognito? Since both my names are made up, I just wonder if that's what most people do.

terrio said...

That's what you call a paradox right there. LOL! You know, like military intelligence or government aid.

Dee & Anne said...

Terrio, go through your bookshelf and look at each and every book. Enquiring minds want to know! You can't just tease with the story and then drop the punchline!

Hellion said...

I am incognito all the way.

terrio said...

Dee/Anne - I'm not sure if I bought or only read the excerpt and didn't buy it. Grrr...it's either Samhain or EC. But I can't remember. Damn it.

For my straight contemp I'm using my real name (which is really a nickname anyway) but for my Erotic Romance I'm using Terilyn Burns.

Though I realize now that's the first time I've typed that anywhere. LOL!

terrio said...

All this book searching is killing me. The covers. *fans self* Holy Hell I'll have to continue this search at home. My work chair will never be the same if I continue now. LOL!

This is all y'all's fault talking about furniture and all. Anne! Say something sweet and innocent!

Dee & Anne said...

Anne: Why, Terrio, dear, aren't you the pirate who asked me to reveal my inner hussy? I believe I only have one thing to say: FIND THAT BOOK!!

*heaves sigh* My, that felt so good.

Dee: Love your erotic romance pen name! Terilyn Burns. That's great. Didn't it feel good to type it, out in the open for all to see?

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: I first decided to use a pen name because I was writing ER. I didn't want anyone to know it was me--as if my name would be plastered all over Times Square or something, lol. But now I just like the anonymity.

terrio said...

And that did feel good to type it! LOL!

Anne - I'm still looking but I keep getting distracted. I found one called Enjoying the View. OMG! The cover could keep me busy for hours...

terrio said...

I figure with this genre it's better to have a really sexy name and since I want to use my real name for mainstream stuff, it makes sense to use something different. And Terilyn Burns is an obvious play on the real thing - Terri (Lynn) Osburn.

Marnee Jo said...

Thanks Dee! I appreciate that. I do feel great. :)

Lindsay said...

Amazing interview! I loved it! I loved 'Burning Bridges', too. Congratulations again!
All the best,
Lindsay

Dee & Anne said...

Hey, Lindsay! Glad you enjoyed the interview.

This is Lindsay Townsend who wrote Flavia's Secret, and who just gave Burning Bridges the wonderful review!

I'm so glad you dropped by, Lindsay. The Pirates are a hoot.

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: Wait until you sign it in a book the first time, Terrio! You'll feel like you're walking on clouds. Great play on your name, btw.

Anne: I'm looking forward to signing my name in a book!

terrio said...

Gosh, signing it in a book. I haven't even thought of that. LOL! I wanna do that!

Anne - I believe you'll be doing lots of that very soon. Start exercising those signature muscles now.

That sounds kind of dirty, doesn't it?

Dee & Anne said...

Dee:
Oh, yeah! Love it.

Anne: Oh dear.

Dee: I never thought about signing when I chose names, but I'm happy to say, my name is really easy--I sign Dee S. Knight much better than I sign my real name, lol.

Hellion said...

I love the D.S. Knight being for Dark & Stormy Night...that's funny!

Terilyn Burns...that is your name! Except all the Big O's are in the book...

justin said...

I have a great idea for the next book. Base it on the New Kids on the Block reunion as an inspiration

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: All the big Os?? lol!

I found an Anya Bast book with two brothers. Do you read Anya Bast, Terrio? Called A Change of Seasons.

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: Justin, how many "mew kids" do you think we can get in a bed at one time?

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: Hi, Justin. I hate to tell you, but I have no idea who the New Kids on the Block are. I've heard of them, of course, but that's the end of my knowledge. But I'm getting interested. The New KIDS on the Block--all grown up and wanting to be more to each other than "new kids." This could be more than an a trois!

Anne: Is everything about sex with you?

Dee *looking confused* Well, yeah.

Quantum said...

Crumbs! Its a bit difficult to catch up with all of this.
Just got home. Some of us have to work!

At the south pole in winter the scientists are simply maintaining the kit. I think penguins do it in water by the way! Scientists are very creative though, so I suppose they might try bathing them! Do water sports feature in any of your stories...we are on a boat here.

Anne, On the poison issue, I think you are looking for a nerve agent. Afraid they don't sell it in the supermarket. If your prepared to trade an ARC though, I might look into it for you. *g*

What's all this about sandwiches by the way? Surely you can't eat while in the throws of passion. I prefer sit down meals anyway and never eat in the dark. Am I missing something here?

I'm incognito cus real name is so boring. Also it could be embarrassing if colleagues learnt of my sandwich musings!

Ah Terri. I shall be watching out for Terilin Burns....sounds more like an artificial fibre than an erotic author though, or maybe I'm biased.

Marnee Jo said...

LOL! Justin, the New Kids, huh? Wow... You might have something, as long as the book didn't break into song. That'd just be too annoying.

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: The New Kids sing??!!? Who knew?

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: Quantum, I love your take on things. And my dear friend, you certainly can eat in the dark--you need to read more erotic romance! ;) As for sit-down meals, my characters have used a table more than once...

Anne: You are SO rude!

Dee: Am not.

Anne: Are too.

Dee: Am not. I haven't written any water stories, Quantum, but now that you mention it, using one of the marinas in Sausalito as a setting is a great idea! Thanks.

Anne: For help with my poison quandary, Quantum, I'd do anything.

Dee: Anything? *grinning wickedly*

Anne: *blushing* I'd certainly exchange a book for information.

Dee & Anne said...

Quantum, what do you write?

Hellion said...

I, as the captain, have to cut out of here in a few minutes...but I wanted to thank Dee & Anne for being our very special guests today!!! And to thank everyone who came by to make her and her welcome!

And to remind everyone, rather shamelessly, that if you click the Burning Bridges link, you can buy it...very affordably...and it's really, really good. Just saying. Here it is Friday...and if you were contemplating what you should be reading this weekend...

Happy Friday, Folks!!

Dee & Anne said...

Thanks for having me as your guest, Pirates! I enjoyed it very much.

Jack just called, so I have to go now, too.

Happy weekend!
Anne and Dee

Ruth C. said...

I just HAD to read the entire interview and EVERY ONE of the comments - what a HOOT.!!!!!!!!

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED them.!!!!!!!

Dee and Anne are a RIOT.!!!!!!

Yes, some furniture is VERY comfortable and appealing - if you know what I mean.!!!!

I want that bed - it looks AWESOME.!!!!!!!!!

And since, I need a new mattress, please ship mattress and rest of bed to:

I'll email you privately.!!!!!

I like Parrot Bay and coke - can I join Capt. Jack's crew??

Back to trying to catch up on emails - although this was a lot more fun.!!

terrio said...

Hiya, Ruth! Thanks for stopping by the ship today. Everyone seems to have cleared out and as per the usual, they leave the mess for me. *sweeps empty rum bottles into a pile* I never should have let the Hotties go early.

Q - Your name is not boring! Though I totally understand the desired anonimity.

Dee - how could you not know who the New Kids are. Not that I understand where Justin felt they fit in this convo (LOL!) but you have to know who they are. I saw them in concert when I was 17 and I remember how thrilled I was when they threw a sweat covered towel into the audience and I came away with a thread. No kidding, that thread hung on my car mirror for some time. LOL!

*sings* Hang Tough!

Dee & Anne said...

Dee: Hey, Ruth!! Thanks for dropping by. I'm so glad I could amuse you. ;)

Anne: If you really want to laugh you should hear her sing.

Dee: Hush, Junior, or I'll put your name in a personal ad.

Dee & Anne said...

Ah, my sweet, sweet Terrio! You must think I'm a young thing. Let's see, what year were you 17 (rhetorical question)? I moved on from "normal" music to country, I was 17, and I'm pretty sure you were only a toddler at the time--if you were even born

So now you know, I'm old and dumber than dirt when it comes to most forms of music. But ask me about George Strait...

Dee & Anne said...

Janet, I have a prize for you if you'll contact me! Thanks for reading the newsletter, Lady!

Dee and Anne
dsknight@deesknight.com
anne@annekrist.com

terrio said...

Dee - you flatter me, darling. I'm positive I was WAY out of diapers when you were 17. And I LOVE George Strait. We'll have to have a country music convo sometime.

The reason I say you have to know who they are is because you'd have to live under a rock never to have heard of them. In their day, they were everywhere! You know, like the plague. LOL!

kaisquared said...

Loved the interview, but I guess I read the newsletter too late... darn that RL job! Ah well no chance at booty for moi!

Dee and Anne, what a hoot!